Tuesday, September 09, 2008

God Sent Me an Email and Threatened My Life in It

Today, I get an email from a co-worker with a picture of Jesus...or at least it says Jesus in the picture. The message is that some people got this picture and did nothing. Then God got all Old Testament on them and did something bad...one example was death. The email foretold that if I fail to send this message out to 10 people, I would have something wicked this way come.

Seriously? Really, seriously?

If god is going to send me an email, I'm guessing it would be something like "Do unto others as you would have them do unto yourself", "Don't worship any other god but me", or "Don't forget to feed the cat." Not to send threatening emails. Not only did I get this email once, but I got it five times. Now, I'm not the most ardent believer nor am I biblical scholar (for if I were, I would understand how they can be two creation stories and how people still believe it to the be absolute truth...did God have a do-over...but I digress) but this doesn't prove the sender is a believer. Myspace was awful for this a while back. If anything, it is blasphemous for you are speaking in the place of God. It's emails like this that make realize why I wouldn't go to church: there are people there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home